A talk with Beige Renegade.

Apr 17, 2015

Even though the name of my blog suggests I am a common criminal (Voløse is derived from the french word voleuse, which means female thief), I actually prefer to handle things in a somewhat less literal way. Interviewing people and thus benefitting of the profits of their minds, wasn't illegal last time I checked. So that's exactly what I'll do today: pick a brain instead of pockets.

And who's brain might that be? Jiawa Liu's a.k.a. the mastermind behind Australian lifestyle blog Beige Renegade. I fell in love with her instagram feed first, but now I am a regular reader of her perfect minimalist blog as well. Head over there to read all about her fascinating #beigelife philosophy, but first, have look at the questions I asked her, and her witty answers, of course.


What's your favourite café?
I love this tiny little place near where I live, called Harvest Espresso. If you ever go to Perth, make sure you visit and get one of their delicious Maccha Lattes!

What colour do your sheets have?
White. Always White. I like pretending I'm sleeping in a hotel!

Do you have pets? And if so, what are their names?
I have a beautiful Ragdoll called Maris. I named her after Niles Crane's enigmatic ex-wife from the show, 'Frasier', who was painted as a stuck up upper class snob. The personality resemblance is uncanny.

What's your life's motto?
'It's not about having perfect style. It's about having a signature style.' I wish more people would think this way, rather than beat themselves up about not having the wardrobe of Miranda Kerr or Victoria Beckham. It's about being you, not some celebrity!

What's the one beauty product you could not live without?
My Benefit Brow Zings. Seriously, brows are everything!

If you could choose to be someone else (fictional or real) for one day, who would it be?
I've always wanted to grow up to become Lara Croft, Tomb Raider. That sexy is off the charts. Who wouldn't love to travel all around the world packing two shiny pistols, kicking serious ass and looking flawlessly gorgeous at the same time?

They say nothing haunts us like the things we didn't buy. What was the last thing you regretted not buying?
I really really REALLY think I should have bought the Alexander Wang Lys booties when they were on sale. Now I see them in my sleep.



What is the 'life's little pleasure' that makes you instantly happy?
I love sitting down with one of my besties to a ridiculously long brunch at a good café. Sometimes we brunch through to mid afternoon.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
The procrastinator in me! I can only imagine the things I could have achieved if I wasn't wasting most of my life away procrastinating.

What was the last album you listened to?
I'm actually a big nerd at heart, and I love all things fantasy, sci-fi and computer games. I've just been listening to some music from Final Fantasy 14, and am ashamed to admit that it brought a tear to my eye.

All pictures are from Beige Renegade's blog and Instagram.