Ramen.

Jun 15, 2015


I happen to be one of those people who loves to collect cookbooks and has an endless pinboard dedicated to le food, but at the end of the day I'm way too lazy to actually follow any recipe step by step and I just sort of improvise. The results I might add are not always satisfactory. However, my onorthodox version of this ramen recipe was quite delicious and therefore, worth sharing. So, for those of you who - contrary to me - are indeed able to follow a recipe, read on! (I promise it is super easy).



serves 2-3

6 chicken wings
a piece of fresh ginger (about 2 by 2 cm)
4 carrots
1 onion
250 g shitake mushrooms
2 tblsp soy sauce
1 tblsp fish sauce
1 tblsp maple syrup
ca. 150g of bacon cubes
1/2 cup peas (I used deepfried peas)
1 l of water
1 bouillon cube
2 eggs
2 stalks of spring onion
noodles

Bake the bacon and chicken wings in a large pan until golden brown. Chop the onion, ginger, carrots and mushrooms. Add them to the pan together with the water and bouillon cube. After 20 mins, reduce heat, add the peas, the soy sauce, fish sauce and maple syrup and let it simmer all together until the carrots are easy to stick a fork in and the chicken wings are done. In the meantime, prepare your noodles according to the instuctions on the package and boil the two eggs for about 7 mins.
Put the egg and the chopped spring onion on top for serving.

Enjoy!