From Voløse to #idle.

Jul 13, 2015

Wow, you guys must be getting so tired of all my make-overs and concept changes already. Which is exactly why I want to take the opportunity to thank those few who have been following my journey through the blogosphere from the very beginning up 'til now and politely ask you guys to bear with me for a little while longer.

As I already said in my last post 'it is never too late or too early to become whoever you want to be', and that's exactly what I'm trying to do right here. It just turns out that I need to follow some side tracks and try out different things to figure out who exactly that person is that I call me. Enter, the change of name and concept of my blog from Voløse to #idle.



So what is #idle going to be all about? First of all it will be my personal protest against the glorification of busy, a phenomenon that seems to me omnipresent in our society. We all need to have succesfull careers and a demanding social life, be the perfect partner and the perfect parent, have interesting hobbies and even run a few marathons along the way. And when someone asks us how we're doing? The only answer we seem to be able to come up with is "I'm soooo busy". It seems to me however that while busy might equal succesful, it doesn't necessarily mean happy. Which why I'm saying no to that rat race. You guys will read all about how I'll manage to be überlazy without feeling guilty and how being and idler extraordinnaire affects my scale of happiness!

Being/becoming a lazybones however does not mean, I'll be pouring my aesthetic and ethic values down the drain. So secondly I'll also be sharing tips on how to lead a conscious as well as a beautifully styled life - with minimal effort of course.

As said in the intro, I can't expect from you guys to be excited every time I start all over again. But you know what? I am excited as hell.