3 things to do when you're feeling lazy.

Aug 24, 2015

idle_cosmo

Something I think most working people can relate to is coming home in the evening and being so washed-out that all you're capable of doing is eat, clean up the kitchen if you're lucky and then basically just sit there like a bag of potatoes and breathe. Not that I think that there's particularly something wrong with that, after all, I like being lazy. But sometimes scrolling away time on Pinterest or switching channel after channel just leaves me feeling unsatisfied, and also a bit useless, maybe even guilty.

I've noticed that it's important, for me at least, to make deliberate and conscious choices on how I will be lazy, to avoid the feeling that I've wasted away a perfectly good evening. The key is to make it feel like a special treat. To put on the right clothes, make the appropriate drink, to make a sort of theme of it, you know?

Recognise the feeling? Well then, let yourself get inspired by three of my guilt-free, fail-proof ways to spend a lazy evening. After all, you deserve it!

 

Make a cosmo, sit in sun the and flip through magazines.

I don't want to support any sort of alcohol abuse here or anything, but sometimes a nice strong drink is all we need to swallow away the stress of the working day. Cosmopalitans are my personal favourite. Not just because they taste delicious, but also because they make me feel like I'm Carrie Bradshaw - which, admit it or not, is always nice, and also because drinking from a Martini glass is just glamourous. My personal interpretation of the drink goes like this:
Mix 3 cl of Absolut Vodka with 2 cl of Cointreau, 2 cl of fresh pressed lemon juice (I personally prefer this over lime, wich is normally used in Cosmopolitan), 3 cl of cranberry juice and 6 cubes of ice in a cocktail shaker and serve with a maraschino cherrie and the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Hop on the couch in the comfiest pair of joggers you own, grab your cat and a blanky and put on your favourite feel-good movie.

If you're in need of heavy dose of comfort instead glamour though, this second option is more adviseable. Preferably in combination with a bar of chocolate and some hot tea. My personal go-to film choices are Eat, pray, love (the sight of all that Italian food gets my happy vibes going like crazy), The fault in our starts (for when I feel like having a gooooood cry) and Pride & Prejudice (the series, not the film! - for when I feel like watching men in tight stockings).

Run a hot bath, light some scented candles and soak for half an hour, while you put on a face mask. 

What better way to get rid of a washed-out feeling then to just wash it away, right?! I'd even suggest putting on some relaxing tunes like Chilly Gonzales' Solo Piano II or even some Bach. And in terms of facemasks, green clay is my absolute favourite.

What are your favourite ways to spend the evening when you're feeling tired and de-energized?